Thursday, April 30, 2009

Music



Another passion of mine is music.  Unlike a lot of people, I will not tell you that I like a little bit of everything when it comes to music.  I listen to country occasionally, but for the most part I spend my time listening to alternative rock and I love going to the concerts.  In fact on May 10th I have tickets to go to the sold out Buzzfest show at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.  Buzzfest is a rock concert consisting of 14 bands and it starts at 1:00 p.m. and does not end until about 11:30 p.m.  This is probably one of the most exciting days out of the year for me!  I get there as soon as the door opens and I stay until they start kicking people out.  I also enjoying going to ScoutBar in Beaumont or Clear Lake.  Out of all of the music venues I have been to, the sound quality at ScoutBar is pretty much the best.  I am the kind of person that will be in line to get tickets at 8:00 a.m. even if they do not go on sale until 10:00 a.m.  I can never risk them being sold out before I get a chance to get my tickets.  Normally I buy more than enough tickets and when the show becomes sold out, I start handing them out to my friends so we can all go.  Another part of music that I like is the lyrics.  If I like a song, 9 times out of 10 I will know every single word to that song as well.  I guess it's like poetry to me.  I can really connect to songs and I enjoy seeing how they relate to my life as well.  You can tell a lot about a person by the type of music they listen to and the same goes for the artists and the songs they write.  More than likely, if an artist is singing about heartbreak, they have experienced it recently or in the past, but it still left an imprint on them.  While I think I could go on and on about my love for music, I'm pretty sure you get the gist of what I am trying to say and I do not want to be redundant so...I will end here with a link to my favorite radio station (the creators of Buzzfest) 94.5 the Buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment