Monday, April 27, 2009

Text to Webtext

For me, the text to webtext project was probably the most difficult.  First, you have to pick a paper that you think is interesting enough, but at the same time lengthy enough to create a wikispace for it.  Next, I had issues deciding how I wanted to split the paper up so it would flow smoothly on the space.  Normally, with a regular paper, I am not worried about how smoothly it flows at first because the teacher will read it and give comments about rearranging it if need be, but when you put something on the internet for all to see, you have to make sure it is easy to navigate and readable.  It was also hard because I wrote the paper a few years ago so it was not my best writing so I wanted to go in and rewrite the paper to make it better, but that would have defeated the whole purpose.  I do not particularly like for other people to read my papers, so blogging and creating wikispaces was a bit of an adjustment for me.  I have to be more conscious about what I am writing so as not to offend anyone or make myself look dumb. While this multimedia class has been a unique experience, I do not see myself continuing blogs or creating any pages for others to read.  Since I plan to become a teacher myself in the next couple of years, I will be able to take the knowledge I have gathered from this class and hopefully share it with my students although they will probably know much more about blogging and webpages than I will by that time.  I will definitely have them do a text to webtext project though because I feel everyone should experience that at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment