Thursday, April 30, 2009

Twitter

I can honestly say I do not use Twitter and I do not see myself ever trying it.  I cannot figure out the purpose of Twitter.  That video that Dr. Pace showed in class about it summed it all up for me.  It seems like it is a group of people who like to post their feelings and actions across the Internet so other people can know what is going on in their life.  Only problem I see with that is...who cares?  Even posting these three blogs about myself and not the class have been quite difficult for me.  I know that no one cares what my hobbies are and what I have done in my life.  Also, most of the time when I write, I am writing for personal reasons only and I do not want others to see.  Writing helps me to relieve some built up frustrations I may have.  While I like to think the world revolves around me, I know that the rest of the people in the world definitely do not see it that way.  Besides it seems to me like it would be easier to just send an email to those who might possibly care about the events in your life.  I think its safe to say that the majority of people who have access to the Internet probably have some sort of email set up whether it is through a business or just a personal account.  As cold as I may seem after writing this blog, I really am a compassionate person; however, I am also very blunt and I will be the first to tell you that I do not care what anybody eats for breakfast or what time they wake up in the mornings.  I feel as though sites like Twitter give kids an easier way to become disconnected from reality, while still letting them feel as though they have friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment